Skip to main content

The Beginnings of Harold Hill

The new out-county housing estate on the doorstep of Romford, later to be given its official name of Harold Hill, was announced on 19 September 1945. Here are several articles taken from the Romford Times from 1945 to 1947. Listed in chronological order, they present a means of gauging how the process of announcing the new estate and the early building was covered in the local area.